Call Us Now!
Chicago Office: 312-464-1173
Welcome to Burke O'Brien Law
Illinois and Wisconsin Trial and Personal Injury Attorneys
Burke & O’Brien has successfully represented clients injured due to automobile and truck accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, construction liability, work injuries, and defective products/products liability. We use our litigation and trial experience to obtain substantial awards for our clients who are seriously injured due to the negligence of others, including automobile drivers, doctors and hospitals, municipalities, corporations, and property owners. We have successfully recovered millions in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Our primary goal and purpose is to help our clients who have been wronged or injured. We understand the difficulty in dealing with personal and family tragedies. As trial attorneys, we know how to prove liability and highlight the difficulties and trauma encountered by our clients. Close and courteous personal service should be expected by you. We provide it. We will take the time to listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and explain the strategies to best serve your interests. With this approach, our clients can make informed and effective decisions on their cases. We work with you to obtain the best possible results on your cases.
Sean C. Burke and Daniel E. O’Brien have 20 years of experience, including numerous settlements, jury trials, arbitration hearings, mediation, and alternate dispute resolution. We have handled many significant and high profile matters with great success. We will help you through the confusing legal process, but you will always be intimately involved with your case. We represent numerous individuals who have been injured throughout the Chicago Metropolitan Area, including Cook County, Kane County, DuPage County, Lake County, Will County, McHenry County, Kendall County, and DeKalb County. With our offices in Chicago and Geneva, we are perfectly situated to cover all of these areas. With our many years of service and experience, we are prepared to best serve you.
Do You Have a Malpractice Claim?
We have recently achieved successful outcomes in the following cases:
- After 10 days of trial, $2.5 million settlement with an area hospital on behalf of window washer who fell from a 30-foot roof with no edge protection
- $425,000 legal malpractice settlement for truck driver injured on the job after his original lawyers "failed to file sue the proper party"
- $1,280,000 settlement for a carpenter who fell from his ladder and sustained a lumbar burst fracture
- $750,000 settlement for patient who suffered permanent nerve injury during low back surgery
- $1,477,000 verdict for carpenter who fell from an inadequate ladder and was impaled by a 100-lb. steel beam
- $2,400,000 settlement for pedestrian who suffered traumatic brain injury when struck by police squad car
- $545,000 settlement for ironworker who underwent lumbar spinal fusion following injury due to unsafe worksite
- $431,000 verdict for mechanic struck from behind by a fully-loaded dump truck
- $800,000 settlement against village that did not properly warn of drop-off at its beach leading to the drowning deaths of a father and his son
- $750,000 settlement for the adult children of a woman who was struck and killed by a U.S. Postal truck
- $1.325 million verdict on behalf of City of Chicago employee wrongfully terminated after complaining of city corruption
- $900,000 settlement for self-employed contractor who suffered permanent wrist drop during surgery to repair his torn biceps tendons
- $650,000 settlement for a retired hospital administrator who fractured her leg in multiple places at a suburban dress shop
- $550,000 settlement against a suburban hospital that induced a stroke in a woman undergoing a heart exam
- $500,000 settlement for a young mother who suffered permanent paralysis around her left eye and mouth due to radiologist’s delay in diagnosing a benign brain tumor